Monday, February 6, 2012

Love My Awesome Desk

The games section is finished

The Little Library of Rescued Books is ready to go. Seats I got from Officeworks for $17 each.

The Maths Storage is a bit light on in materials but I will survive

Jordan and Tina giving my room a test run...

A quiet spot to sit and chat or look at books

 Put all my noise making toys out just for fun!
Desk I bought from Second Office
I love my awesome desk, it was worth the money, I will be very organised.
Well, the room is finished, finally. The desk came today flat packed from Second Office and two lovely young man assembled it for me. I am so happy with it and it was worth the money I spent to have it, since I spend half my life at school during school terms. I also supplied my own chair.  The cane storage units came from the Importer at $5 each; a good price so Heather in the library informs me. I luckily had a serviceable filing cabinet of my own which I moved in with the help of Bec, a colleague from Illawarra Primary, and the umbrellas I purchased from Chickenfeed. Tina, my wonderful neighbour, dropped in with Jordan and a coffee for me mid afternoon and we all watched the desk being expertly assembled. I just hope I can disassemble it when I have to move next.  Jordan and Tina gave a few games a test run. I finished off the maths area by putting up a few more signs.  I have also set up a little old-fashioned video area and taken over quite a few videos from home which used to be Nicola's and Travis' so the students can watch them when we have wet weather lunches.  My kids  also donated some of their board games and I did the rounds of the op shops to find others.

2 comments:

  1. Hey HI Carolyn the room has come together and looks good. Good luck for next week cheers Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nanna. Just on the scrounge for some maths gear now. Hope we can catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete