Friday, February 3, 2012

The Essential Maths Kit


Since I have inherited a classroom with absolutely nada and I am a keen maths teacher, I have put together seven maths kits. That's enough for one kit per group of four students. These kits are extremely handy. My former colleague and I made up similar kits at Illawarra Primary  using pencil cases to store the contents, incidentally where mine remain for the new teacher coming in to that school. Anyway, each kit consist of 1 protractor, 1 solar-powered calculator , 1 tape measure, 1 mirror, 1 Pack of Jumbo Cards, 6 matching six-sided die, 1 zero to nine sided die, 1 twenty-sided die, 4 film canisters each containing a set of 15 , i.e there are four colours so students can play games. There is also a calendar for 2012 enclosed, thanks to my lovely local Shell shop. All the other contents are available at Chickenfeed for very reasonable prices, much cheaper than the school catalogue offers. There is a laminated card in each box stating its contents. Students are usually pretty good at keeping these organised.  I will probably also add a compass to each kit when I buy some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment